We all know the saying: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." It's true. Here are some tips on how to boost your immune system and stay healthy while everyone else is coughing, sneezing and feeling miserable around you.
1. Eat healthy. Minimize sugar in your diet. Less dairy and wheat is always a good thing too. Eat more whole foods, fruits and vegetables. Eat gut healthy foods with natural probiotics.
2. Drink less alcohol. 2-3 glasses per week is ok. 0-1 glasses per week is ideal.
3. Get more sleep.
4. Minimize stress. Stress compromises your immune system.
5. Exercise daily. Walk, swim, yoga, cycling, tennis, or whatever you enjoy.
6. Wash your hands. Use warm water and regular soap every time. Please do not use antibacterial soap.
7. Use the right supplements and herbs. Make sure you are getting adequate Vitamin D during the fall and winter. Ginseng, ginger, echinachea, elderberry syrup are great supplements to add to your immune boost arsenal. Our Immune Boost roll on is a super convenient way to add oregano, tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon, cinnamon, rosemary and clove essential oils.